MAC is leader with 40 points followed by KMH with 35 points and one game less. So the defending Champions would definitely need a win if they want to reach the first place soon again – if league newcomer MAC could make three points they would be almost for sure in top position until the end of preliminary round. KMH had the first season loss last Saturday against Bolzano (after a winning streak of 27 games and 362 days) but they came back like a thunderstorm on Sunday against Salzburg. On the other side MAC had 4 consecutive wins – last loss was a 2-3 after Shootout against KMH in the last direct duel.
When looking at statistics titleholder KMH is the favourite for tomorrow’s derby:
- KMH has the best power play in league with unbelievable 32,8 % while MAC is fourth with 16,9 %.
- KMH is best in penalty killing in EWHL with 95,1 % (MAC: third with 89,1 %)
- KMH has also the best scoring efficiency (15,84 % vs. 12,24 % and second place of MAC)
- Goaltending is also an argument for KMH with Stephanie Nehring (97,2 save percentage) and Valerie Lamenta (94,3 %) vs. Aniko Nemeth of MAC (93,9 %)
- Scoring leader is Alexandra Huszak (KMH) with 44 points, on second place there is Fanni Gasparics (MAC) with 42 points
So tomorrow’s derby will be for sure another highlight in EHWL history.
The next games:
Thursday, January 30, 2020:
19.00 / 07.00 p.m.: KMH Budapest (HUN) – MAC Budapest (HUN)
Tüskecsarnok Budapest; Referees: Timar Balazs; Paulheim Adrienn, Holzer Bernadett
Saturday, February 1, 2020:
14.20 / 02.20 p.m.: KMH Budapest (HUN) – EHV Sabres Vienna (AUT)
Tüskesator Budapest; Referees: Berger Akos; Ress Daniel, Hokky Mate
18.30 / 06.30 p.m.: DEC Salzburg Eagles (AUT) – EVB Eagles South Tyrol (ITA)
Eisarena Volksgarten Salzburg; Referees: Wiggins David; Panholzer Florian, Vierthaler Florian
Sunday, February 2, 2020:
10.30 / 10.30 a.m.: KEHV Lakers (AUT) – HK SZ Olimpija Ljubljana (SLO)
Stadthalle Villach; Referees: Wassermann Michael; Klemm Anja, Telesklav Fabio